Participants: operators of furnaces and burners, production managers, technical managers.
Trainer: Ph.D in thermal physics, in the past teacher at university, combustion laboratory manager with 18 years of industrial experience with big international companies.
The benefits of our training:
- Training composed of 2 parts: theory and practice. Trainer prepares a practical lesson in advance, taking into account all wishes of client. A practical demonstration is usually performed on your equipment, in your workshops.
- Training program includes a general part and additional modules. Client can choose in advance additional modules to be included in the program according to his current needs.
- Duration and cost of training depend on the number of additional modules included.
- At the customer's request, training program can be adapted for workers or for engineers.
- Feedback from the trainer's industrial experience;
- Case studies;
- Photos, videos, diagrams.
First part - combustion and flame.
- Basic thermodynamic concepts and units of measurement
- Combustion and flame - definitions
- Triangle of fire;
- Chemistry of combustion
- Stoichiometric combustion;
- Complete and incomplete combustion;
- Flame rich and poor;
- Combustion of methane and propane;
- Types of flames;
- Flame speed, risk of explosion
- Auto-ignition temperature and flammability limits;
- Temperature of the flame;
- Products of combustion and their impacts on environment human health.
Part two - Industrial Combustion.
- Solid, gaseous and liquid fuels;
- Lower and higher heat capacities;
- Industrial burners;
- Combustion stability;
- Equipment for burners and furnaces;
- Principles of flame control;
- Industrial flame furnaces;
- Combustion improvement;
- Safety standards for gas equipment.
- Technique of physical measurements (temperature, flow, speed,...)- methods and instruments;
- Basics of industrial heat engineering, heat transfer and thermal insulation;
- Combustion and furnace efficiency calculations;
- The origins of fuels, methods of extraction, storage and distribution;
- Wobbe Index;
- Oxy-gas combustion;
- Combustion of metals;
- Detonation and explosion;
- Flameless combustion;
- Submerged combustion;
- Pulsating combustion;
- NOx in industrial furnaces;
- Low NOx burners;
- Chemical analysis of combustion gases;
- Combustion diagrams and interpretation of flue gas measurement results;
- Furnaces and burners in aluminum foundries;
- Furnaces and burners in metallurgy;
- Furnaces and burners in the glass industry;
- Combustion CFD ( Computational Fluid Fynamics) modeling;
- Certification of gas equipment.
Practical part of the training:
Objectives: To gain practical experience in burners and furnaces adjustements, to be able make measurements and interpret them.
- Recall of safety principles;
- Demonstration of various types of flames;
- Burners and furnaces ignition;
- Air and gas regulation for obtain a poor, stoichiometric and rich flame;
- Demonstration of gas equipment operation;
- Measurement of flame parameters;
- Flue gas chemical analysis and using of combustion diagram;
Many people think that combustion and flames are very complex, incomprehensible and dangerous. We often hear about explosions and fires, further reinforcing fear and misunderstanding. Moreover, in industrial companies, many installations (furnaces, burners, boilers, ...) using combustion processes are installed.
Often, employees have short knowledge how its ovens works, they have doubts about burner flame (if it properly regulated) and how gas equipment works. Usually, they are shown a button for furnace light on, after explain how monitor and maintain furnace temperature and how to make furnace shut down. For normal installations operations, is generally sufficient.
However, if management decides improve corporate safety or make savings on gas and electricity bills, additional training need for employees. Our experience shows that already during the first 2-3 months after our training, the company starts to save 5 to 7% on its energy consumption per month .
The objectives of this training:
- dispel all doubts and fears about flame and combustion processes;
- train staff to work safely with installation using combustion;
- recall the basics for furnaces operators and operators of all installations with combustion;
- give ideas for possible improvements.